Samstag, 10. Mai 2014

What is this all about?

Bom dia. 

I'm glad you've found the way here. However, what is this all about? What's up with the "creating perspectives"? 

Take a step back to Germany. As most of you know, I'm a member of the students' organization Enactus. We do "social entrepreneurship", which basically means that we conduct sustainable projects in order to raise both the standard of life and the quality of living of "people in need" while meeting certain economic, social and ecological requirements. 

The project I'm currently working on is called "OneDollarGlasses". The name says it all: glasses, whose material cost is about one dollar. Our task is to bring those glasses to the people who need them -- people who cannot see properly, but simply cannot afford glasses. That applies to approximately 150 million people on our planet. Also, somebody has to produce these glasses. Thus, we create jobs by training jobless people to become "micro-opticians". 

That's exactly what we'll do in Brazil. This blog is about my personal experience during my four weeks here, both about the project and other experiences I will hopefully make. Comments and questions are greatly appreciated. 

You'll hear from me soon. Until then, take care.
Dominik

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen