Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2014

May 28th or: do you take credit card?

After a while, everything becomes a routine. That's also the case with the training. By now, everybody knows what to do and just needs the final 10%, which are also the hardest ones to get. We started off producing since we need more good frames to distribute, but that's pretty much about it. The only distraction brought in are the kids of one of our trainees, which are cute and obnoxious at the same time.

Here's some more stuff I observed today:

1) You can pay by credit card literally anywhere. Any restaurant or store, sure. The newspaper shack on the street, rather surprising. But once I realized that you can pay in the favela with credit card, even though these guys don't have running water or actual houses, I was quite shocked. Today, I realized you can even pay the guy who sells roses at traffic lights with credit card .. how weird is that? That's also the reason why once you pay with cash, you're automatically a foreigner. Brazilians just don't do that.

2) "Brazil is so dangerous .." I haven't really realized that, even though we spend lots of time on the street and in parts of the city that are considered dangerous. But we're still just fine. I don't mean to force it, but propaganda is always worse than the reality. After all, no newspaper would ever publish that nobody got robbed today. 

3) I keep learning about protests in Sao Paulo that are all over the city in the German news (http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/fussball-wm-in-brasilien-proteste-in-sao-paulo-gegen-hohe-kosten-a-971227.html). In reality, I would like to see one, but I just can't find them. So if anybody was concerned about my well-being, it's all good. No worries!

Goodnight!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen