Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2014

May 14th or: the feijoada

One of the many reasons why I despise Apple products is their fragility. Today, we had to deal with exactly that. Jakob's iPhone dropped and had some trouble, so we went to the Apple store which wasn't an apple store. Another hour wasted in the mall, gotta get used to that apparently. In the morning I even got some studying in, which is quite impressive. Considering that hardly ever happens in Germany unless I really have to, it's an achievement. 

We got to the shelter just in time for Feijoada. Wednesday is Feijoada day in Brazil. What is it, you ask? I can only guess. It's a stew made of beans, some form of meat (in this case sausage) and some other stuff which I cannot tell. Very nutrititous and delicious! 

Aaaaand then the usual stuff began. Measuring trainees who aren't able to see properly, correcting frames, teaching others -- you know how it is. Three trainees now can actually read, which they couldn't before. Great feeling. Also got to know more Enactus Insper students, which I highly liked. Seems to be a really motivated team just like ours. 

At night, we feasted. That's right, a FEAST. The housemaid of one of our hosts cooked a brazilian dinner consisting of Schweinsbraten, Feijao (beans), rice, salad, egg salad and farofa (sand .. no, really, it looks like sand. It's actually fried flour though). Absolutely delicious. Gotta love brazilian food. 

Now I'm laying in bed writing this. Since I'm already here, I might as well go to sleep. Boa noite!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen